Finding the correct prescription drugs for your children can be a chore. At The Healthy Choice, we make getting connected to customized, compounding pharmaceutical solutions easier than ever.
By working closely with you and your doctor, we can help create customized meds solutions for pediatric patients that fit like a glove.
Send any new or existing prescription to our pediatric compounding pharmacy in New York today to get custom pediatric pharmaceuticals your way.
What Is Pediatric Compounding Used for?
Finding the right medication for your little one can be challenging, and successfully administering it even more so.
When it comes to commercially available pediatric medications, there are limited options. Kids may not be able to or know how to swallow pills until they are at least five years old, and even then, bitter-tasting medications can leave you struggling to keep up with the prescribed course of action.
Some pills or capsules may even be dangerous for your child if crushed, chewed, or taken in a dosage lesser or greater than the prescribed amount.
Fortunately, pediatric compounding allows you to work with your doctor and a compounding pharmacy to select the method of administration that works best for your child.
Some of the workarounds to bitter-tasting medications offered by pediatric compounding include:
- Lollipops, suckers, and popsicles
- Sublingual solutions
- Flavored liquids
- Topical lotions, gels, and creams
Some of the other reasons for going with pediatric compounding include:
- Allergies – Many commercially available pediatric medications come full of ingredients that can be harmful to your child, depending on their allergies. Some of these include glutens, dyes, and other inactive ingredients.
- Diabetes – Similar to the drugs with potentially detrimental ingredients like dyes, sugar can also be a non-starter for children with diabetes. In these cases, a compounding pharmacy can create a custom, sugar-free solution.
- Dosage Requirements – For a small child, a standard sized pill or dose could be too much. Similarly, older children could need a stronger dose of medication than is readily available via labelled drugs. In either case, pediatric compounding can help.
No matter the specific needs of your child, a pediatric compounding specialist with The Healthy Choice can help provide the custom-made medications they need.
Conditions that Can Be Treated with Pediatric Compounding
Children often have unique medical requirements; even more so than adults. With the help of your doctor and The Healthy Choice, you can find the optimal mix of compounded medication that works for your child and their unique needs.
Some of the conditions that can be helped or treated with pediatric compounding drugs include:
- Pain from underlying injuries or diseases
- Skin conditions
- Head lice
- Respiratory illnesses
Where there’s a need for the specialized, high-quality medications for your child, The Healthy Choice is here to help.
Need Pediatric Compounding in New York? Contact Us!
Does your child need access to custom, specialized medications? The Healthy Choice is the best choice for pediatric compounding in New York.
Give us a call to get started—914-238-1700.