Regardless of your reasons for choosing compounded medications, you know it’s the right choice for you.
With dental compounding in particular, you know gaining access to the exact medicines you need can be a stressful situation. But when traditional pharmaceuticals won’t cut it, you can get the prescriptions you need filled quickly and efficiently with dental compounding in Greenwich.
Learn more about dental compounding with The Healthy Choice below.
Dental Compounding Products
Dental compounding expands the options available to you beyond mass-produced commercially-available medicine.
For some people with dental problems or anxiety over visiting the dentist, having access to unique, customized dental compounding products can help.
Some of the most common dental compounding products available include:
- Flavored-Enhanced Oral Medications – Many of the dental medications you or a loved one may be required to take can have a highly unpleasant taste or texture. With the help of dental compounding, a registered pharmacist can create a solution that tastes better, without losing any of the drug’s effectiveness.
- Pastes, Gels, and Losanges – These products are often used by dental professionals to deliver targeted pain relief to sore areas in the mouth. Custom-made pastes or gels could be used to numb a specific area of the mouth before injection, or to relieve pain.
- Lollipops – These products are often used by children, or even by adults with difficult swallowing pills. Pain relievers, oral anesthetics, or other drugs can be compounded together in order to facilitate administration.
In addition to the above, our dental compounding pharmacists can prepare lip balms, capsules, sublingual medications, oral sprays, and many other products.
Conditions that Can Be Helped with Compounded Dental Medicines
The high-quality pharmaceutical compounds from The Health Choice can be used to treat or provide a work-around to a good many types of dental hygiene or oral-health related conditions.
For example, one of our experienced pharmacists can prepare a special medication without sugars, preservatives, or synthetic dyes for people with allergies or intolerances for any of those ingredients.
Some other special needs that custom, compounded dental medication can help meet include:
- Medications that are no longer commercially available
- Medications with alternative administration pathways, such as transdermal solutions
- Better-tasting medicines over bitter
Dental compounding medications can also help you treat a variety of conditions, including:
- Oral pain and infection
- Oral thrush
- Burning mouth syndrome
- Dry socket
- Canker sores
- Gum disease
- Oral ulcers
- And others
Compounding and Dental Anxiety
Often, some patients can undergo or experience severe anxiety before or during a trip to the dentist.
In fact, fear and anxiety over visiting the dentist is extremely common. People are liable to feel anxious about a variety of things when going for a checkup: from the sound of a drill to the scraping of instruments during a routine cleaning.
Fortunately, dental compounding products are one of the best innovations out there for dealing with the anxiety associated with a dental visit.
Going with a newly-flavored compound over a bitter oral medication can make a big difference for kids or folks that struggle with a gag reflex.
Compounded dental medication can also be used as a topical anesthetic, allowing patients with fears of needles to avoid onerous pain-killer injections.
How to Get Started with Dental Compounding in Greenwich
Interested in learning more about dental compounding in Greenwich? Contact The Healthy Choice to learn more.
Call us at 914-238-1700 or visit us online to learn more.