CANCER – WHY SUPPLEMENTS?
Not big on taking supplements? You may want to rethink why you may need to, to help lower your risk factors for breast cancer. Unfortunately, often it is when the diagnosis is made, that many women completely convert to healthy eating and supplementation. Supplements can be part of prevention in a big way – why?
1) No matter how healthy and plant-based you eat, chances are good those foods, even organic, are grown over and over again in the same soils and the mineral content of that soil becomes depleted over time.
2) You may be overcooking your food, losing most of the nutritional value of the vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and enzymes. Eating depleted foods over time affect the body’s life force energy and can create its own set of health problems.
3) Skipping meals is a practice that has become more common in the over-scheduled world we live in. If you are grabbing a donut and coffee for breakfast and rushing off to work or school, that is NOT a meal. Eating like this puts a lot of unnecessary stress on the digestive system.
4) In general, as you age, your body produces fewer enzymes, including all the important ones needed to properly digest and assimilate the foods you eat. Eventually, this results in “common” stomach complaints, like reflux, heartburn, upset stomach and chronic constipation.
5) Between commitments to family, school, work, community and other obligations, our lives are stressed to the max! All of this stress takes a toll on your body and weakens your immune system. Taking supplements can help to bridge that gap and give your body some of the nutrition it needs to function optimally.